The instructions in writing shall correspond to the following four page model as regards its form and
INSTRUCTIONS IN WRITING ACCORDING TO ADR
Actions in the event of an accident or emergency
In the event of an accident or emergency that may occur or arise during carriage, the members of
the vehicle crew shall take the following actions where safe and practicable to do so:
- Apply the braking system, stop the engine and isolate the battery by activating the master switch
- Avoid sources of ignition, in particular, do not smoke, use electronic cigarettes or similar
devices or switch on any electrical equipment;
- Inform the appropriate emergency services, giving as much information about the incident or
accident and substances involved as possible;
- Put on the warning vest and place the self-standing warning signs as appropriate;
- Keep the transport documents readily available for responders on arrival;
- Do not walk into or touch spilled substances and avoid inhalation of fumes, smoke, dusts and
vapours by staying up wind;
- Where appropriate and safe to do so, use the fire extinguishers to put out small/initial fires
in tyres, brakes and engine compartments;
- Fires in load compartments shall not be tackled by members of the vehicle crew;
- Where appropriate and safe to do so, use on-board equipment to prevent leakages into the
aquatic environment or the sewage system and to contain spillages;
- Move away from the vicinity of the accident or emergency, advise other persons to move away and
follow the advice of the emergency services;
- Remove any contaminated clothing and used contaminated protective equipment and dispose of
NOTE 1: For dangerous goods with multiple risks and for mixed loads, each applicable entry shall be observed.
NOTE 2: Additional guidance shown in column (3) of the table may be adapted to reflect the classes of dangerous
goods to be carried and their means of transport.
quipment for personal and general protection
to carry out general actions and hazard specific emergency actions
to be carried on board the transport unit in accordance with section 8.1.5 of ADR
The following equipment shall be carried on board the transport unit:
- for each vehicle, a wheel chock of a size suited to the maximum mass of the vehicle and to the
diameter of the wheel;
- two self-standing warning signs;
- eye rinsing liquida; and
for each member of the vehicle crew
- a warning vest;
- portable lighting apparatus;
- a pair of protective gloves; and
- eye protection.
Additional equipment required for certain classes:
- an emergency escape mask for each member of the vehicle crew shall be carried on board the
transport unit for danger label numbers 2.3 or 6.1;
- a shovelb;
- a drain sealb;
- a collecting containerb.
a Not required for danger label numbers 1, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3.
b Only required for solids and liquids with danger label numbers 3, 4.1, 4.3, 8 or 9.